Tuesday 12 June 2018

How I sharpen my pencils more economically



Work

Second week of my paint-run and my lack of sleep blows a massive hit on me. I can't remember when I was last so tired. Nevertheless I keep going, but the quota starts stressing me out, and influences my work considerably. I know how this can evolve in a minor catastrophe if not taken care off. So, I take two evenings off and do the rest as best as I can, without thinking about the quota. This week I am back on track

Exercise
Wanna see a master of water colour who also is an entertainer?  Check out Alvaro Castagnet presented by Graeme Stevenson (Colour in Your Life) on Youtube. Water water water and absolutely stunning colours.

Tools

I work a lot with colored pencils. They are used for my outlines and to enhance some shadows. I love to work precise so I sharpen them pretty often.
It always bothered me how much sharpening rubbish I created and I felt I go through a pencil to quickly. So I started sharpening the tip with a carpenter knife. Once the tip is short, I carve some of the wood away and start again. It saved me some time, and a lot of rubbish. 

Do I need to remind people that they can hurt themselves badly with this knife if not used with caution? I probably do. Please be careful and Kids, please avoid sharp tools until your hand-use-skills are developed completely, until then just use the save sharpener!




No comments:

Post a Comment